MASTER'S BIBLICAL COUNSELING CENTER
MASTER'S BIBLICAL COUNSELING CENTER
A ministry of Masterís International School of Divinity
Brief Introduction to Biblical Counseling
Biblical Counseling is Christ-centered and Christ-dependent. It is
based on 2 Timothy 3:16 which states: ďAll Scripture is God breathed
and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in
righteousness.Ē Biblical Counseling methods rely on the principles
and truths revealed in the Holy Bible and counselees are directed to
Godís Word as the source of information and guidance to resolve
lifeís perplexing problems. Any person can benefit from an honest
and faithful decision to accept and follow the guidance of Godís
Difficulties requiring confinement, medication, medical attention or other such assistance will be referred to a proper agency or professional. In some cases we may also work in cooperation with other agencies in order to meet the needs of the individual within the counseling setting.Cost of the Service
The fee for services is based upon a sliding scale. The amount of the fee will be discussed and agreed upon following the initial contact. Special payment arrangements may be made on an individual basis.
Counseling Center Staff
Dr. Diana Zengler,
Center Director and Counselor
Certification and Affiliation
Biblical Counseling Center is affiliated with the International
Association of Biblical Counselors. Bylaws and membership
requirements of IABC assure the counselee that participating
counselors will be properly trained and thoroughly Biblical in their
counseling methodology, and adhere to a rigid code of
Statement of Faith (Core Beliefs)1. The Divine inspiration of the Canonical Books of the Old and New Testaments as originally given, and preserved throughout the ages as the only infallible, inerrant and sufficient source of theology and doctrine;
2. The Triune Godhead existing in One Eternal, Transcendent, Omnipotent, personal God, manifested in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit;
3. Special creation of the existing space-time universe, including all of its basic systems and organisms in the six literal days of the creation week;
4. The perfect, sinless humanity and absolute full deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, indissolubly united in one divine/human Person since His unique incarnation by miraculous virgin conception and birth;
5. The substitutionary and redemptive sacrifice of the Lord Jesus Christ for the sin of the world, through His literal physical death, burial, and bodily resurrection followed by His bodily ascension into Heaven;
6. Personal salvation from the eternal penalty of sin, provided exclusively by the grace of God on the basis of the atoning death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ, to be received only through confession of, and individual faith in, His Person and redemptive work on the cross, to be followed by baptism and conversion from a life of sin to a life characterized by the empowering grace of the Holy Spirit, giving evidence in loving service and adherence to the principles and practices of the Christian Faith as set forth in the Holy Scriptures.
7. The future personal, bodily return of the Lord Jesus Christ to the earth to judge and establish His eternal kingdom and to consummate and fulfill all His purposes, the works of creation, and redemption, with eternal reward for believers and eternal punishment for the unsaved.
The National Association
of Nouthetic Counselors
Association of Biblical Counselors
Location of the Counseling Center
Day or evening appointments can be scheduled by calling (812) 471-0611.
The counseling services of Masterís Biblical Counseling Center are available to those individuals who are searching for Biblical answers to todayís complicated life situations. Please do not hesitate to contact the center and gather further information or make arrangements for an initial counseling consultation.